Sky Ireland launches 'Sky VIP' Loyalty Programme
Sky Ireland have just announced a new ‘Sky VIP’ loyalty programme for its customers. This new programme is broken into 4 tiers, depending on how long you’ve been a Sky customer:
It’s good to see Sky looking after some of their most loyal customers with some impressive offerings, prizes and subscription upgrades like the free Sky Q installation for Sky VIP Black members.
Their new programme is similar to the likes of Three Ireland’s customer loyalty programme which offers users early access to tickets for sport and music events.
Below is the official press release for the announcement:
Sky rewards thousands of customers with the launch of a major new loyalty programme, Sky VIP
Today Sky announces the introduction of Sky VIP, the first tenure based loyalty programme in the TV and Broadband sector. The longer you’ve been a customer, the better the rewards become.
The new loyalty programme will offer hundreds of thousands of free tickets to all customers, including top sports events such as the GAA All Ireland Championship, the British Masters and the Premier League, exclusive preview screenings of the latest films and prize draws for money can’t buy experiences such as the chance to visit filming locations of Game of Thrones.
And with the rewards getting better with time, customers who’ve been with Sky for longer will be able to access more benefits including a new preview channel Sky Atlantic VIP, the latest and best Sky technology with free Sky Go Extra and free Sky Q set-up, as well as priority customer service.
Speaking about the programme, JD Buckley, Managing Director, Sky Ireland, said: “Sky VIP is our way of saying thank you to our customers for their continued loyalty. Whether they’ve recently signed up to Sky or whether they’ve been with us for over fifteen years, our rewards system recognises everyone.”
“On top of amazing prizes from and access to the world of sport and entertainment, customers will also enjoy added value and priority service. This is just the start of Sky VIP and we plan on rolling out bigger and better prizes as the programme develops in the coming months.”
Sky VIP has been developed following extensive customer research and feedback, which revealed customers are looking for a variety of rewards. New customers want rewards based on experiences and Sky shows, while priority service and access to the latest technology is more appealing to those that have been with Sky for longer.
Sky VIP lives in the My Sky app which has been designed to offer each and every customer a direct and personalised experience with Sky, from accessing the loyalty programme right through to being able to instantly manage their accounts with up to date information and customer service.
Customers can join Sky VIP now by downloading the app to discover the exclusive range of personal rewards available to them. On joining all customers can access their free Welcome Gift of a Sky Store movie and find out their membership tier, based on the length of time they’ve been with Sky. The four tiers are Silver (0-3 years), Gold (3-8 years), Platinum (8-15 years) and Black (15+ years). Each tier gives even more new benefits, as well as access to the rewards in the previous levels. Customers who’ve been with Sky the longest will be able to access all of the exclusive rewards and benefits on offer.
Some of the initial rewards on offer to all customers as the programme launches are:
- The chance to get closer to the Sky shows customers love with prize draws for extraordinary experiences including an all-expenses paid trip to Iceland to see some of the filming locations for Game Of Thrones.
- Free tickets to major sporting events including the GAA All Ireland Championship semi-finals and finals, the Premier League and EFL, Autumn Internationals, the NFL International Series and European Tour Golf, international and domestic cricket as well as exclusive Sky Sports events where customers will get VIP treatment and hospitality.
- The opportunity to watch the latest films before anyone else, with free tickets to exclusive cinema preview screenings across the country.
- Free tickets to a range of other special events, which include being in the audience for some of your favourite Sky shows, such as Thronecast, Soccer AM and A League of Their Own; tickets to National Theatre Live screenings and tickets to Goodwood.
While for customers who’ve been with Sky for longer, the rewards also include special offers to get the very best out of Sky for less. The initial rewards on offer include:
- Free Sky Go Extra, so customers can download and watch Sky shows wherever and whenever they want.
- Sky Atlantic VIP – a new channel where customers can watch some of Sky Atlantic’s new shows 24 hours before they’re on Sky Atlantic, including Sky Original Productions and HBO and Showtime series.
- Free Sky Q set-up to enjoy Sky’s most advanced TV experience ever.
The launch of Sky VIP is part of Sky’s commitment to giving customers great value. It follows the successful launch of Sky Italia’s loyalty programme and last year’s Christmas gift to customers in both Ireland and the UK, which gave Sky TV customers Sky Box Sets for three months or a Sky Store Buy & Keep voucher