Google Stadia: Launching in Ireland in November for €9.99/month
Google has just finished up their first ever ‘Stadia Connect’ press conference and we’ve finally gotten a lot more info on their brand new game streaming service. Below are some of the key points from this evening’s announcement.
Google has confirmed that Stadia is launching this November in 14 territories with Ireland on the list of launch countries. The 13 other countries are the U.S., Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, U.K.
Access to ‘Stadia Pro’ will cost €9.99/month and will allow for streams up to 4K/60FPS with 5.1 surround sound and the ability to play your favourite games across multiple screens. You will need a Chromecast Ultra to play in 4K/60FPS on your TV though.
It will also include free content, as well as discounts on titles you buy. The first free title is “Destiny 2”, and it comes with the base game, all previous add-ons, the upcoming Shadowkeep expansion and the annual pass.
This paid option will allow users to access some Stadia games at 4K/60FPS but won’t cover the latest games, which you need to purchase separately.
There will be over 30 games available to stream on the service at launch including DOOM Eternal, The Division 2 and all three Tomb Raider titles with new titles said to be added throughout the summer. Google also stated that 10mbps in download/1mbp in upload is the minimal connection requirement, with 35mbps required for 4K “optimal comfort”.
Below is the full list of confirmed games and publishers that are going to be available on the service with this being added to in the lead up to launch and beyond:
- Bandai Namco – Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Bethesda – DOOM Eternal, DOOM 2016, Rage 2, The Elder Scrolls Online, Wolfenstein: Youngblood
- Bungie – Destiny 2
- Capcom – TBD
- Coatsink – Get Packed (Stadia exclusive)
- Codemasters – GRID
- Deep Silver – Metro Exodus
- Drool – Thumper
- Electronic Arts – TBD
- Giants Software – Farming Simulator 19
- Larian Studios – Baldur’s Gate 3
- nWay Games – Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
- Rockstar Games – TBD
- Sega – Football Manager
- SNK – Samurai Shodown
- Square Enix – Final Fantasy XV, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- 2K Games – NBA 2K, Borderlands 3
- Tequila Works – Gylt (Stadia exclusive)
- Warner Bros. – Mortal Kombat 11
- THQ – Darksiders Genesis
- Ubisoft – Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Trials Rising, The Crew 2
You can pre-order the Stadia ‘Founder’s Edition’ at the Google Store (a limited number are available) for €129.99 and it includes:
- A Chromecast Ultra
- A limited-edition ‘Night Blue’ Stadia Controller
- Three months of Stadia Pro
- A three month ‘Buddy Pass’ to bring one friend along for the ride
- Dibs on selecting a Stadia Name
The ‘Buddy Pass’ will allow a friend to be able to play on a Pixel 3 or Pixel 3A phone (Google says it hopes to expand to other phones and platforms “over time”) or in the Chrome web browser with the standard HID controller of your choice.
You can also pick up an extra controller for multiplayer games, for your laptop, or just to keep a spare in your backpack, for €69.99 and they come in three colours—Just Black, Clearly White or Wasabi.
In 2020, ‘Stadia Base’ will launch which will allow you to play your purchased games on virtually any screen up to 1080p/60FPS and you won’t need a Stadia Pro subscription. How this will be funded is still TBC but you could be seeing video ads play before your game.
Details around are of this are still coming out so we’ll be sure to update this article as we get them.