Razer have announced their newest gaming system, the worlds thinnest gaming laptop to be precise – the Razer Blade.
The Blade is an impressive 1.8KG in weight and measures in just below 14 inches wide, 9.3 inches deep and an insane .66th of an inch thin (The MacBook Air is .68″ for reference.)
Any laptop of this tiny size would be expected to have mediocre guts, but Razer have packed in 8GB RAM, Intel’s new Haswell processor and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 765M with 2GB of GDDR5.
Storage options are SSD only and are available in 128GB, 256GB or 512GB.
The 14″ screen has a beefy 1600×900 display.
The first thing that we thought of here was battery life – Razer claim the Blade will last for 6 hours but we’ll take that with a pinch of marketing salt.
Second on our list of worries was heat, but Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan states that the Blade has a “custom engineered thermal system”.
Only time and many hours of gaming will tell if that’s enough…
The worst part about the Blade? The price (and availability in Ireland for the moment, so far it’s USA & Canada Pre-Orders starting June 3rd).
You can expect to pay at least $1,799 for the Blade which works out at roughly €1379 here, and that’s just for the base model – cough up more for the larger SSD options.
Of course it is possible to build a better gaming PC for the same price or even less, but you can’t carry your gaming PC with you onto an aeroplane or train.
The New Razer Blade
Price: Starts at $1,799
Availability: Razerzone.com – Pre-Order June 3 — United States and Canada
- Future 4th gen Intel Core processor (formerly codename ‘Haswell’)
- 8 GB Onboard Memory (DDR3L – 1600 MHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M (2 GB GDDR5) & Intel HD4600
- Windows 8 64 Bit
- 128 GB SSD, with optional 256/512 GB SSD (mSATA)
- Qualcomm Killer NIC N1202 (802.11a/b/g/n + Bluetooth® 4.0)
- 14.0 in. HD+ 16:9 Ratio, 1600 x 900, with LED backlight
- Built-in stereo speakers
- 3.5 mm audio microphone/headphone combo jack
- Array microphone
- (3x) USB 3.0 port (SuperSpeed)
- HDMI 1.4a audio and video output
- Dolby® Home Theater v4
- 7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- Built-in full HD webcam (1.3 MP)
- Compact 150 W Power Adapter
- Built-in 70 Wh Rechargeable lithium ion polymer battery
- Razer Anti-Ghosting Keyboard (with adjustable backlight)
- Razer Synapse 2.0 Enabled
- Kensington Lock
- 13.6 in. / 345 mm (Width) x 0.66 in. / 16.8 mm (Height) x 9.3 in. / 235 mm (Depth)
- 4.135 lbs. / 1.876 kg