I’m not sure what too Nintendo so long, or if they were just holding back to announce something, but here you go, you can now use your Nintendo Network ID and access MiiVerse on the ever so popular Nintendo 3DS, which is nice.
Along with this announcement (press release below), Nintendo also released a bunch of yummy new videos, you can check them all out below:
SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD – 10 Things you need to know (Wii U)
Nintendo eShop games (Wii U & Nintendo 3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds – Trailer (Nintendo 3DS)
StreetPass relay points (Nintendo 3DS)
As part of a Nintendo Direct broadcast today, Nintendo announced news of Nintendo Network ID, Miiverse and the video-sharing service YouTube making their way to the Nintendo 3DS family of consoles. Hosted by Nintendo of Europe President Satoru Shibata, the broadcast focused primarily on Nintendo 3DS software launching in the coming months, including new reveals for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Bravely Default andMario Party: Island Tour. In addition, football fans will be excited to hear of a new football management game coming to Nintendo 3DS, as well as a launch date for the third instalment in the Inazuma Eleven 3 series.
Meanwhile for Wii U owners, today’s broadcast revealed numerous ways in which to enjoy SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD when it releases in just over a fortnight, as well as new and original downloadable content coming for owners of Pikmin 3.
To view the Nintendo Direct in its entirety, visit http://nintendo.co.uk/
Nintendo 3DS News
- Nintendo Network ID & Miiverse: A December system update will allow users to register their Nintendo Network ID for Wii U on their Nintendo 3DS systems and combine Nintendo eShop account balances. This will enable them to purchase Wii U software using the remaining balance on their Nintendo 3DS eShop accounts, and vice versa. Nintendo 3DS owners who do not own a Wii U system can also create their own Nintendo Network ID for the first time. This system update will also mark the beginning of Miiverse support on Nintendo 3DS. With a Nintendo Network ID, users will be able to connect with other players around the world to share their experiences and game tips through Miiverse on Nintendo 3DS. For more information about Nintendo Network ID, including some important notices Nintendo would like customers to be aware of, please visit our website here.
- YouTube on Nintendo 3DS: The video-sharing service YouTube is coming to Nintendo 3DS later this month, with users able to watch videos while on the go, providing they have internet access. Users will be able to browse content on the bottom screen, while watching a different video on the top screen.
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: In Link’s latest adventure, engage in special battles against players met through StreetPass by creating a Shadow Link that will be sent to others during StreetPass encounters. The items equipped and the number of hearts you have will affect the rupee bounty on your Shadow Link’s head, likewise with the Shadow Link characters of other players who will appear at certain places in the game world. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds launches on 22nd November.
- Bravely Default: An English-language demo of Bravely Default is available for download from today on Nintendo eShop. The combat mechanics in this highly anticipated RPG include the Bravely Second feature, which freezes time during a battle. Attacks during Bravely Second use Sleep Points that can be accrued when players leave their Nintendo 3DS in Sleep Mode. Launching on 6th December, the game can also be purchased at ShopTo as part of a Bravely Default Deluxe Collector’s Edition, including a copy of the game, Agnès figurine, deluxe artbook, 34 AR Cards and an original soundtrack CD.
- Mario Party: Island Tour: Mario’s latest party has a tropical theme, with seven new game boards and 80 new minigames, including some that use the motion controls of Nintendo 3DS, and the ability for four Nintendo 3DS owners to play all multiplayer game content with only one copy of the game via Download Play. Players can also engage with other players who have the game in StreetPass minigame competitions. The game is releasing on 17th January 2014.
- Inazuma Eleven 3: Team Ogre Attacks!: The latest title in theInazuma Eleven 3 series is coming to Nintendo 3DS on 14th February 2014. Team Ogre Attacks! follows the story of Canon Evans, great-grandson of Mark Evans from the future, as you set your sights on becoming footballing world champion! Players will also be able to connect with Inazuma Eleven 3: Lightning Bolt and Inazuma Eleven 3: Bomb Blast via the new “Ogre Premium Link” to receive special items and rare players not available through normal gameplay.
- Nintendo Pocket Football Club: Coming to Nintendo eShop in 2014, this new football management game puts players in charge of their very own football club, from deciding on the club’s emblem and kit, to training players and overseeing tactics on match days. In addition to single player mode, players will be able to compete in local wireless matches against friends, as well as taking on fellow managers across Europe in an online multiplayer mode..
- StreetPass Relay Point update: As announced in a separate video released alongside the Nintendo Direct presentation, from 14thNovember an update to the StreetPass Relay Points across Europe will allow Nintendo 3DS users visiting these relay points to receive data from up to six different Mii characters, regardless of the location or how busy it is normally. Relay points from across Europe will also be able to exchange data with each other, meaning the StreetPass data area is widened and users have a much better chance of receiving data when visiting one. Extra content available at relay points is also planned in the near future to improve the StreetPass experience further.
- Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai: Available from today as a download on Nintendo eShop, Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikailets players explore the Power Plant Posse’s home world in a combination of 2D and 3D platforming, plus numerous hidden secrets and multiple gameplay modes to unlock.
Wii U News
- SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD: This latest Nintendo Direct presents ten new things included in the game, including the ability to play as Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy, a Luigi Bros. bonus game that is more easily accessed for players who have New Super Luigi U save data on their systems, and Captain Toad levels, which challenge players to collect five stars without jumping. SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD releases on 29th November.
- Animal Crossing Plaza update: The Wii U gathering place for Animal Crossing fans is being upgraded with two new features on 14thNovember:
- After users perform a software update, they can customise their Miiverse posts using 50 different Animal Crossingstamps. Users can combine multiple stamps or add hand-drawn messages to decorate posts they have already stamped. They can even partially erase a stamp and redraw it any way they like.
- Nintendo is also adding a ranking feature to display the results of monthly polls. November’s question is “Who would make the best secretary?” and December’s theme will be “Who is the neighbour of the year?”
- Additional features, including the ability to register and interact with your town residents, will be added in a future update
- Further Pikmin 3 downloadable content: A third volume of downloadable Mission Mode Add-On Stages for Pikmin 3 will incorporate completely new “Collect Treasure” and “Battle Enemies” stages with locations as varied as beaches, the inside of someone’s house during a party, a construction site and a mysterious factory. In one stage players can control Captain Olimar, the main character from Pikmin and Pikmin 2. Even Louie makes an appearance! Released on 2nd December, a software update required to play this third volume will be released on the same day.
- YouTube on Wii U update: The already released YouTube application on Wii U is to receive an upgrade later this month, which will greatly improve the interface and let users view videos on the Wii U GamePad, plus enable users to search content on the GamePad whilst watching a different video on the TV screen.
- Wii Fit U: A free trial of the game is available on Nintendo eShop now until 31st January. Wii U owners with a Wii Balance Board accessory and a broadband Internet connection* can download the trial and play it for free for 31 days. Users can make the trial permanent by buying and syncing a Fit Meter to the software. On 13th December Wii Fit U will launch in retail as a packaged game in two sets, one including the game disc and Fit Meter, the other including the game disc, Fit Meter and Wii Balance Board.
- Wii Sports Club: Another game currently available as a free download on Nintendo eShop, Wii Sports Club features classic Wii Sportsevents such as Tennis and Bowling, updated with Wii Remote Plus controls, online play and Miiverse features. Users can play the game for free for 24 hours beginning when the software is started for the first time. If you want to keep playing, users can purchase a 24-hour Day Pass or a Single Sports Pass for users to play their favourite sports for as long as they like.
*Depending on the Wii U hardware pack you own and your use of it, an additional storage device may be required to download software from Nintendo eShop.