The Eircom Spider Awards were held last night in Dublin and it’s clear that web and tech were the big winners.
Paddy Cosgrave was given an “Outstanding Achievement” award for his part in bringing the Web Summit to Ireland last month, which saw SpaceX founder Elon Musk come together with An Taoiseach Enda Kenny among other big hitters in the web and tech world.
Most importantly for us however, our very own TheEffect.Net co-founder Chris Jones won the first ever Digital Future Star award, highlighting his mastery of digital media and the web. (We’ll never hear the end of this award now…)
Other notable winners were Eamonn and Brian Fallon who won the ‘Internet Hero’ award for the work on Daft.ie and TheJournal.ie.
The full list of winners can be found below.
Winners of the 2013 eircom Spider Awards:
· TRAVEL, TOURISM & HOSPITALITY: My Golf Society
· NON-PROFIT: Adtruism
· RETAIL: Linwoods Heath Foods
· eBUSINESS: Funked Up Fixies
· SOCIAL MEDIA: Electric Ireland
· CAMPAIGN: Electric Ireland (powering kindness)
· NEWS& ENTERTAINMENT: TV3 Showpal
· WEB DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT: Webfactory
· SPORTS: Sport Changes Life
· LISTINGS: Bandpages
· USER EXPERIENCE: Irish Water
· MOBILE APP: Irish First Aid App
· INNOVATIVE USE OF TECH: Lyons on Pause
· DIGITAL START-UP: BullorBear
· CLOUD EXCELLENCE: Bizimply
· ELEARNING& EDUCATION: Hibernia College
· PROFESSIONAL SERVICES: Cuckoo Events
· IRISH ARTS, HERITAGE & CULTURE: Century Ireland
· DIGITAL GEOGRAPHY: Scoilnet Maps
· IRISH LANGUAGE: Litriocht.com
· FINANCIAL SERVICES: Linked Finance PP Lending
· INTERNET HERO: Eamonn & Brian Fallon
· OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT: Paddy Cosgrave
· GRAND PRIX: Sport Changes Life
· BUSINESS CHOICE: Tenderscout
· DIGITAL FUTURE STAR: Chris Jones