Official Uber app now available for Windows Phone
Transport network service Uber now has an official Windows Phone app, the company announced today in a blog post.
If you’re not familiar with Uber, it works similarly to Hailo although Uber uses somewhat nicer cars instead of regular Dublin taxis.
Uber even had Terry Myerson, executive vice president of Operating Systems for Microsoft taking the first Windows Phone Uber journey himself.
Here’s the full list of Uber app features according to the description in the Windows Phone Store:
- ・Request a ride using the app and get picked up within minutes. On-demand service means no reservations required and no waiting in taxi lines.
- ・Compare rates for different vehicles. Add a credit card to your secure account so you never need cash on hand.
- ・Easily set your pickup location on the map, even if you don’t know the exact address. Get connected to your personal driver and check the progress of your Uber at any time.
- ・Sit back, relax, and go anywhere you want. We’ll email you a receipt when you arrive at your destination.
An entirely new and modern way to travel is at your fingertips.
We’re thrilled to unveil our new app. Now you can enjoy the complete Uber experience on your Windows Phone!
In the next month, we’ll be adding even more great features. Here’s a sneak peak at what’s coming soon:
- ・Fare quotes within the app
- ・Shareable links with trip map and ETA
- ・The ability to split your fare with friends for a more affordable ride