Fitbit announced last month that they were working on a Windows Phone app for their popular health and fitness trackers and true to their word, it’s now available.
The app syncs wirelessly with your Fitbit device, although not in the background at the moment – you’ll need to manually open the app for now but that’s expected to change with an upcoming update.
Here are the full release notes from Fitbit:
The free Fitbit app for Windows 8.1 includes:
• REAL-TIME STATS: Automatic and wireless syncing for all Fitbit activity and sleep trackers through Bluetooth 4.0
• FITBIT ON YOUR START SCREEN: Pin the Fitbit Live Tile to your Start screen and quickly view your step count
• STAY ON TRACK: Real-time and historical stats in easy-to-understand graphs, to help track progress and set goals
• LOG MORE THAN ACTIVITY: Recently enhanced food database of more than 350,000 foods with accurate nutritional data for faster, better food-logging and calorie coaching
• GET MOTIVATED: Fitbit’s motivational social tools like notifications and badges, to help reach target goals
• STAY SOCIAL: Ability to challenge friends and family with leaderboards, direct messages, cheers and taunts