I don’t know about you but I can’t personally wait to get my hands on the PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition console that Sony unveiled last week at PlayStation experience. The console comes in the original grey, as does it’s controller and PlayStation camera.
There is a ton of neat touches and each console is numbered. So, here’s the $64,000 question… “How do I get my hands on one of these?”. Well, nothing has been announced yet for Ireland’s allocation but it’s guaranteed to be small. The UK gets it’s hands on it next week and if you use a service like Parcel Motel, you could get your hands on one of the 500 consoles next week (if you’re in Ireland).
Here is how to get one (thanks to PlayStation Blog):
1. Follow @PlayStationUK or @GAMEDigital on Twitter!
2. From Monday 15th at 11am you can head to eu.playstation.com/20yearsofcharacters and take a look at our fantastic image containing over 300 characters from PlayStation history. Study the image well and make sure you know your PlayStation characters!
3. At an allocated time each day @PlayStationUK and @GAMEDigital will tweet a clue using the hashtag #20YearsOfCharacters.
4. Solve the clue, find the character it corresponds to and click it, if you are correct you will be given a link which will take you to a secret website by GAME.
5. Once on the page please fill out the form with the details required. If you are in the first 100 people to submit the form you will receive an email from GAME within 24 hours of the link going live, giving you all the details you’ll need to purchase your PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition Console. Don’t worry if you aren’t in the first 100, every person who completes the form on the page before it closes will be entered into a daily prize draw and one person will be chosen at random to win a PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition Console.
The consoles will be available on a first come first served basis with GAME via the application page, they will not be available from GAME.co.uk. Don’t worry if you miss it, there will be a new allocation of stock every day from Monday until Friday next week giving you five separate chances to pick-up the PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition Console.
You’ll need to get your calendar at the ready for these times:
- Monday 4pm
- Tuesday 5pm
- Wednesday 2pm
- Thursday 8am
- Friday 12pm
Of course, it will be one per person. You’ll be paying the pretty sum of (approx) €504.40 for the console (plus shipping). May the odds be ever in your favour. Let us know if you get one!
Source: PlayStation Blog