Ubisoft have released a new patch update for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of Assassin’s Creed Unity and it’s available now. Patch 5 will help gamers who couldn’t access the companion app available on Windows Phone, iOS and Android so this is good news for BlackBerry or Amazon Fire phone owners.
This patch will remove the need for the Companion App to access certain items such as chests, missions and collectibles. The new patch will also aim to improve performance issues of the game which has faced a lot of glitches and bugs.
The patch notes are as follows:
Stability & performance
- Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Co-op
Save game & Progression
- Fixed gear and outfit rewards getting relocked
- Added users profile corrector to resolve companion synchronization issues
- Made Initiate and companion app exclusive content accessible to all players
- Fixed the ‘Find Leon’ objective not spawning on Dead Kings Memory 2
Online matchmaking, connectivity & replication
- Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
- Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
- Fixed issues with the My Club feature
Gameplay (navigation, fight, stealth)
- Fixed issue with Arno losing control after trying to launch Initiates from the pause menu
- Fixed minor navigation issues
Menus and HUD
- Fixed issues occurring when hacking gears
- Fixed additional issues with notifications
World & 3D
- Fixed some minor FX and texture issues
To gain access to certain chests (blue / gold) which are dotted around Paris, you previously needed the app and a uPlay account to get access to the ‘Initiates’ game. Now, you’ll be able to access these chests without the app which is a great idea. Some gamers might not have space or have a device capable of downloading the companion app meaning gamers couldn’t access this exclusive content. This patch might be a big relief to those gamers.
Patch 5 also resolves the issues some gamers might have faced with the mission featuring the “Find Leon” objective. Unfortunately, the objective wouldn’t appear sometimes or the rewards became ‘relocked’. The patch is out now on consoles but is delayed on PC with a ‘TBC’ release date from Ubisoft.
This post was contributed by Lorraine McGuinness