The latest update to Sky+ will make it even easier to binge watch your way through all of the shows available on Sky Box Sets.
The changes come as Sky Box Sets customers will get exclusive access to the full series of The Tunnel: Sabotage and Billions, the highly anticipated new SHOWTIME drama, at the same time as the first episode premieres on Sky Atlantic. Current shows such as The Knick and Alan Partridge Mid-Morning Matters are already there in full for Sky Box Sets customers to view, with more exclusive shows to come later this year.
With further updates rolling out over the coming months, Sky customers will find it even easier than ever to binge watch their favourite shows. Navigation is also quicker now allows you to choose to download complete box sets to binge on.
Brand new features being introduced for Sky Box Set users include:
- Line up a whole box set to watch with Download All. Now customers can select to move the full series into their Planner, with the first two episodes downloading automatically.
- Get stuck in to a series with Watch Next. Towards the end of a show, you will see an on screen prompt to ‘watch next episode’ if you’ve downloaded the whole series. If you decide to keep watching by pressing the green button the next episode will play immediately.
Ann-Marie MacKay, Director of Product and Customer Growth, Sky Ireland said: “We’re introducing even more features that reflect the changing TV habits of our customers. Up to 95% of viewing of dramas, for example, can take place after the episode is shown live as people increasingly choose to enjoy shows on demand. We’re committed to giving customers the choice of how they enjoy the shows they love whether that’s live TV or moving from episode to episode of your favourite box set. Customers can look forward to some really exciting updates in 2016 to Sky+.”
Other new features being introduced as part of this update include:
- More recognisable show images across Sky+ to help decide what to watch – with images added to New Series, Suggestions, Search and TV Box Sets.
- Movies in the recently launched Watchlist are now ordered by the date they expire from Sky Movies making it easier to never miss a movie again. Customers may also choose to sort this list by A-Z, Recently Added, Oldest or Age Rating using the blue button.
- Even more Suggestions are presented when you select Top Picks with eight suggestions of shows and movies based on what’s in your Planner
Other recent additions to Sky+ include the ability to watch movies from the beginning with Restart, the ability to create your own personalised movie library with Watchlist, recommendations for movies with More Like This and an improved Planner order.
This latest software update is now rolling out to customers and will be available to millions of homes with compatible Sky+HD boxes by late Spring.
To make the most of the recent updates, Sky customers need to connect their Sky+HD box to their home broadband. Visit sky.com/connect for more information.