HP Inc has just announced new HP Spectre 13 and HP Spectre x360 13 laptops. The new products feature updated processors, up to 16.5 hours of battery life and new displays capable of 4K in some models.
The HP Spectre 13
The new Spectre 13 is built from CNC aluminum and carbon fibre and comes in Ceramic White with Pale Gold polished accents or Dark Ash Silver with Copper polished accents. The bezels are thin and the display, which comes in options including 4K, is covered in Corning Gorilla Glass.
It boasts Intel’s 8th Generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors with storage covered with up to 1TB of SSD storage. Memory is covered off with options up to 16GB
HP says it will run for up to 11.5 hours on a single charge and their fast-changing tech means it can go from zero percent battery life to 50% charge in 30 minutes.
HP Spectre x360
The x360 is a 2-in-1 that transforms between a laptop and a tablet.
HP says the x360 can deliver up to 16.5 hours and it comes with an integrated privacy screen, like the EliteBook x360.
The body is made from machined aluminium and comes in Natural Silver and Dark Ash Silver with Copper accents. The 13-inch display boasts “micro-edge” bezels with Corning Gorilla Glass in up to 4K high resolution.
It’s also powered by the latest 8th Generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors with up to 16GB of LPDDR3 memory with storage options topping out at and options up 1TB PCIe SSD
In addition to the privacy screen, there’s a fingerprint reader and a HP Wide Vision FHD IR camera to login with facial recognition.
The HP Spectre 13 and the HP Spectre x360 are expected to be available in Ireland from November with the Spectre 13 starting at €1,599 and the HP Spectre x360 starting at €1,299.
You can read the full official press release below:
HP Stuns with the New Spectre Portfolio
Company launches the world’s thinnest touch laptop1
HP Inc. today unveiled new innovations to its premium consumer line-up with the next generation HP Spectre 13 and HP Spectre x360 13 laptops. The new products – featuring the latest generation processors, longer battery life and brilliant displays in sleeker, more angular designs – are the latest in a series of moves that have fueled HP’s growth in the premium PC market.
The second generation Spectre 13 – now the world’s thinnest touch laptop1 – empowers users to work without constraints and enjoy entertainment with a 4K display2 and louder audio in a sophisticated device powered by 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processors quad-core device3.
HP’s award-winning Spectre x360 laptop now offers the world’s longest battery life in a quad-core convertible4 without compromising on style and durability.
“HP is delivering the world’s thinnest touch laptops, while setting new industry standards for battery life, security and design,” said Anne-Sophie Hadberg, head of Consumer Personal Systems EMEA, HP Inc. “Our Spectre portfolio is redefining the premium PC segment, providing unique user experiences that will inspire creativity and unlock limitless opportunities to bring incredible ideas to life.”
“HP continues to exceed my expectations by delivering impressive premium laptops with features that matter to consumers – performance, design and battery life,” said Patrick Moorhead, president & principal analyst, Moor Insights & Strategy. “The newest Spectre laptops further demonstrate how the company is finding new and exciting ways to drive momentum in the premium PC market.”
The amazingly thin HP Spectre 13 does not compromise on premium features such as 4K displays2, thin bezels and performance. Specific features include:
- Premium contoured design: Built from CNC aluminum and carbon fiber, it is offered in Ceramic White with Pale Gold polished accents featuring micro-edge bezels with Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT displays in up to 4K high resolution2.
- Sensory experience: Speakers are placed above the full-size edge-to-edge backlit keyboard for clear and crisp sound and a comfortable typing experience.
- Built for productivity: Fast performance with the latest 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors3, store content with room to spare with up to 512GB PCIe SSD9, and multitask with speed with memory up to 8 GB LPDDR3.
- More battery power per millimeter: Up to 11.5 hours of battery life5 and charging from zero percent battery life to 50 percent on a 30 minute charge with HP Fast Charge technology6.
- Windows Hello is now added to the Spectre 13 across EMEA.
- In the UK, the new Spectre 13 will only come with a stunning UHD/4K display.
The redesigned HP Spectre x360 transforms between a laptop and a tablet while delivering quad-core performance, and battery life up to 16.5 hours5. Specific features include:
- Refined iconic design: The sculpted CNC machined aluminum body with angular lines is offered in Ash Copper accents and a Pale Rose Gold Limited Edition.
- Brilliant Display: Micro-edge bezels with durable Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT 13-inch diagonal displays in up to 4K high resolution2 offer exceptional viewing experiences.
- Thin but mighty: Creators and multitaskers will be delighted by the optimized thermals, performance brought by the latest 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors3, memory up to 16 GB LPDDR3 and options up1TB PCIe SSD9 to store artwork, precious memories, and entertainment.
- Security and ease: Safety features include a fingerprint reader located on the side for easy access.
- Versatile canvas: The Windows Ink Certified8 pen delivers a more natural drawing and writing experience with simultaneous pen and touch. With tilt, the pen is pressure sensitive for precise inking in any mode. Under the pen is an integratedUSB-C™ rechargeable battery, 15 seconds of charging gives the user up to 198 minutes of use10.
- Windows Hello remains a feature on all Spectre x360s across EMEA, including HP Wide Vision FHD IR camera to login with facial recognition
- In the UK, the new Spectre x360 13 will only come with a stunning UHD/4K display.
Spectre Pricing and Availability
- The HP Spectre 13 Laptop will be available in EMEA in November starting at €1,599.
- The HP Spectre x360 will be available in EMEA in November 2017 starting at €1,299.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.