Following on from the launch of their new GoMo network on Tuesday, eir has just announced eir TV, a new TV service which will run on an Apple TV 4K as the set top box. As expected with the Apple TV 4K, you’ll be able to access over 100 channels with HD as standard including eir Sport along with being able to access the RTE Player, Now TV, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video.
You’ll also have access to 7 Day catch up, pause, rewind and start over for select shows and cloud recording on up to 500 programmes, but no clarity on how many shows can be recorded at once.
In addition to all this, eir’s mobile app is being replaced with a new eir TV app for both broadband and TV customers. The new app will allow eir customers will have live access to every game in the Champions League and Europa League on the Virgin Media Sport channels, all 48 games of the Rugby World Cup, every Guinness PRO14 match and football and hurling from the GAA Allianz Leagues on the eir Sport channels.
The new service will be available for new and existing eir customers to starting today with monthly subscriptions starting at €14.99 for eir TV or €49.99 when combined with eir Fibre broadband and home phone. Also launching today is the new eir Fibre box delivering speeds of up to 1 Gigabit with MU MIMO and 7 Antennas (3×3 on 2.4GHZ and 4×4 on 5Ghz).
Some key points about the new service:
- Add eir TV €14.99 for 6 months and €19.99 thereafter (Note: a 12-month re-contract will be required)
- New customers adding eir broadband and TV – €49.99 for 6 months and €79.99 thereafter on a 12-month contract.
- All customers taking the new eir TV service will be loaned an Apple TV 4K box at no additional monthly cost but the Apple TV 4K remains the property of eir.
- All customers signing up from launch will also benefit from a 1 year subscription to Apple TV+ service through their Apple TV 4K when it launches on November 1st.
- Customers can add another Apple TV 4K device as a multi room subscription from €9.99 per month.