Huawei launch their NEXT-IMAGE 2020 Smartphone Photography & Video Competition
Huawei has just launched their international smartphone photography and video competition for 2020 called NEXT-IMAGE 2020. Open to Huawei owners, the competition will offer amateur smartphone photographers and visual storytellers who share their images, over 70 chances to win cash prizes of up to $10,000, with the most powerful images selected by a collection of the world’s leading photography experts.
“It’s time for new creators across the world to make their next image matter and use their creative skills to capture and share their most joyful inspiring images from wherever they are. Join us in our mission to use the positive power of creativity to bring the world together, even when we are apart”, Byron Maxi, Huawei Ireland Country Director.
For 2020, Huawei has introduced video and storytelling categories to recognise how modern media formats can help users to create new, unique and powerful narratives.
The competition is broken into six categories:
- Near Far: Use your smartphone camera to capture hidden gems and different perspectives – whether you’re inside or out.
- Good Night: Capture fun moments at night or in a low light environment. Reflect the atmosphere of the moment and get creative.
- Hello, Life! A picture is worth a thousand words – so capture and share the emotion or inspiration you take from your everyday.
- Faces: Experiment with identity and the power of portrait photography. Capture the faces of those closest to you.
- Live Moments: Shoot and produce a short video or mobile movie of up to 10 minutes. Express your creativity and share positive stories in the form of moving images.
- Storyteller: Use a set of photos to express emotions to tell your personal story. Story must include 3-9 images.
Participants who enter will have many chances to win impressive rewards, including Huawei’s latest flagship device, the Huawei P40 Pro.
NEXT-IMAGE is the world’s largest smartphone photography and videography competition, and it received over 520,000 entries last year alone.
Winners decided by expert judges:
To judge the entries, Huawei has invited some of the world’s leading photography experts to select the winners with world-leaders across a variety of photography styles represented.
- Steve McCurry is a winner of numerous awards including the Robert Capa Medal, the National Press Photographer’s Award, and four Jose Awards. A knight of French culture and art, McCurry’s photographed entitled “Afghan Girl” has become one of the most iconic and powerful works in the history of photography.
- Elizaveta Porodina, is a renowned fashion portrait photographer from Russia. A leading light in experimental fashion and fine art photography, Porodina’s work is famous for its use of alternative shapes and eye-catching colours.
- Reuben Krabbe is a Canadian extreme sports photographer, who uses creative photography techniques to display polarised styles and subjects such as solar eclipses. Krabbe will add energy and new possibilities to the judging panel.
- Karolina Henke is a well-known Swedish photographer with a unique visual narrative and artistic identity. Henke has an esteemed standing in field of international fashion and art photography.
Andrew Garrihy, the global chief brand officer of Huawei Consumer Business, and Li Changzhu, vice minister of consumer strategy marketing department of Huawei CBG will also help to select the winning entries.
For more information on NEXT-IMAGE 2020 and how to enter, you can go to https://consumer.huawei.com/ie/campaign/next-image-2020/