Fall Guys: Season 2 Now Live
If you hadn’t caught our review of Fall Guys for PS4/PC then do make sure to check it out if you have no idea what we’re talking about but if you do… you know you’ve been waiting for this day. Season 2 is now live!
Fall Guys Season 2 sees a medieval theme come to fall guys with new costumes for your Fall Guy, great if you’re tired of dressing like a cactus or wolf like we are. We’re also getting four new levels (with more on the way) which look like updates and variations on levels we already know with the gauntlet style levels now featuring the instantly iconic ‘Thicc Bonkus’, swinging axes and platforms you need to work together with your competitors to move to climb over obstacles. This is going to be fun.
There’s also new shows which add variations to the levels with Slime Survivors for example erasing the level as you proceed so make sure not to get caught. There’s also some nice improvements with nameplates making it easier to tell players apart – very handy for PC where there’s no custom usernames at the moment. You can find the full patch notes and updates below (courtesy of the Fall Guys Blog):
Meet the new Rounds!
Fall Guys Season 2 throws you into a hyper-colourful universe of witches and wizardry, brimming with adorable dragons, knockout knights and a dizzying array of medieval obstacles primed to test your bravery. These four new Rounds introduce fresh mechanics to the Blunderdome alongside some medieval twists to familiar favourites for our ultimate quest for the crown!
Knight Fever delivers our most treacherous race to date, pitching brave participants against a wild array of medieval obstacles. This hectic dash to the finish line is full of fiendish contraptions, including the fearsome THICC BONKUS and its insatiable appetite for destruction!
Show Selector – tumble your way
What’s your favourite kinda Round? See-Saw? Us too. But whatever Round you’re in the mood for, our brand new Show Selector lets you pick from a lovingly curated playlist of Fall Guys ‘Shows’. Fancy kicking back with races-only after a long day? Jump into the Gauntlet Showdown! Survival Rounds tickling your fancy on a Tuesday morning? All good, we’ve got you. Plus, you’ll be seeing some extra spicy limited-time events throughout the Season, so keep an eye out!
New costumes! Fall Guys…but make it fashion
Immerse yourself in the Medieval splendour of the new-look Blunderdome with lots and lots of fabulous outfits for the most discerning of beans. Pugilistic Paladins, the feistiest of Dwarves and even a smattering of vivacious Vikings join the fray, with many, many more to come, including exclusive collaborations!
More more more!
We’ve had a keen ear for feedback from Season 1 and have implemented a slew of changes for smoother stumbles and more chances to show off your (undoubtedly wonderful) personality in Season 2! This includes…
- Fall together now – No more falling alone! Our new ‘party falling’ means that when you queue with your squad, you fall with your squad. Look at you all go, woosh!
- Nameplates and Banners – add to your personal swag with customisable signage to wow other beans, all viewable in Spectator mode.
- Random Outfit Generator – Find yourself bewildered by the bean looks on offer? Not to worry, you can now randomise your costume and accessories in one click!
- Visual upgrades – You all really went to town on the original levels, so we’ve given Season 1 Rounds a well-deserved lick of paint, including nifty new tile effects.
- Additional controller options for PS4 – You can now tweak your sensitivity to get your tumbles perfectly on-point, as well as optional X/Y axis inversion.
Season 2 is out now as a free update for Fall Guys on PS4 and PC.